So I've been back from Copenhagen for over a week - meaning now is the perfect time to re-live my journey with pictures. Here are some of my favourite things about the city - I so recommend a trip there, read this then get booking a break! Oh, if only purse strings and diaries made things that easy......
1,2,3) Relaxing harbourside at Nyhaven - and trying local herb wines with lunch.
4,5,6,7,8,9) The Royal Cafe for 'smushi' Danish smorgasbrod's meet sushi and cake. It really does feel like living breathing art in here - and you can buy most of the things you see!
10) Bikes, bikes everywhere - 90% of Copenhagen's residents own one - which explains why the bike lanes are as busy as the roads.
11) Easy, breezy canal tours around the different boroughs - a must do!
12,13) Shopping! Copenhagen does it right - Another Nue and OSV blew me away (especially when OSV's upmarket second hand buys can get you pieces from designers like Acne and DVF from around one hundred pounds). And finding Jeffrey Campbell shoes in my size was pretty wonderful.
14) Pop Rocks Daiquiris - remember popping candy?!
15) Meeting Louise - one of the Carlsberg factory's own horses
16,17) Design. In museums, in the street, everywhere.
18) H.C. Andersen - whose mark on the city is quite touching
19) Meeting the guards on a sunny morning march
20) The idyllic Rosenborg Slot - it's even got a moat!
Oh and.....a trip here is one thing I would want to share with my sister. I just need to convince her to go with me when I return - my mum and I missed her while we ran around Copenhagen, living it up.
Follow Sisters Don't Share: